Wednesday, September 3, 2008

WOW!!! what a week



So i have a story to tell, these past few weeks have been crazy!
last week i posted the announcement on my etsy page about my price hike taking place on the first. Let me just say WOAH! the response was incredible! I have been flooded with orders and i am still working as fast as i can to get them all out. What an amazing little trip that was.
So anyway monday the 1st rolled around and the time had come. I felt very uneasy about the price hike, as i have been all along, but even more so because i haven't actually had any wholesale orders yet. that was the whole point! But i set that deadline for myself in hopes it would push me to a new level and so i had to stick with it.
So at midnight i went into my shop and reluctantly started changing all my prices..........
Tuesday i went to work and felt a little down, thinking to myself, gee i wonder when ill even open my order book again. A few hours pass and i get this text message from my email service that said "Etsy conversation from adam B" and im thinking gee thats weird there aren't too many dudes on etsy, i wonder if it is someone interested in wholesale. sweet. so i log into etsy and what do i see?.......????????


THIS:

by adam
Hi,

I think your work is fresh, and I would like to make you Featured Seller on Monday, September 8. Please answer the following questions, prepare your store as you see fit, and send me one or two images of you in your workspace by Friday afternoon (September 5).

We will put your interview up around 1:00 pm (NY Time).

Please let me know that you are interested with a quick convo.

Thanks and Congratulations,

Adam

1. Tell us a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).
2. Apart from creating things, what do you do?
3. What first made you want to become an artist?
4. Please describe your creative process (how, when, materials, etc).
5. What handmade possession do you most cherish?
6. Name your top five books, movies, songs/musical groups, and websites (besides Etsy).
7. What advice would you give to artists who are new to Etsy?
8. What are your favorite features on Etsy? What new features would you like to see?
9. How do you promote your work?
10. In ten years I'd like to be...


WHAAAATTTTTT!????

END OF STORY.... UNBELIEVABLE

10 comments:

wzgirl said...

Congratulations, you funky fresh lady!! I'll be looking for you on Monday!!!!!!!

Nichol Brinkman said...

That is awesome, you must take that as a sure sign that you made the right decision with the prices----there couldn't be a bigger sign! Good luck!

Unknown said...

hi nichol! no kidding, i think that has been the biggest thing that has gotten me excited. the universe is lovin it some tina right now!
thanks guys for your kind words!

Unknown said...

You deserve it, you make great work! All the luck for you, from Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Puk

Anonymous said...

I have been a fan of your work for a while, since i love trees and hearts and owls! Congrats on being interviewed by etsy! What an honor!

Unknown said...

and i enjoyed reading it. :-)

love trees. love your work.

karlita said...

congrats on being the featured seller - i love your trees :)!! And it was fun reading your story.

Kylie Bowers said...

Congrats on being a featured seller on Etsy that is fantastic!

I just love your shop and your style.

Sewlutions' World said...

Well, your works IS fabulous and refreshing. Congratulations!!

woolies said...

ha! I would have just ..... myself.
Your work is great and - so funny - when you were featured seller, I remember saying to myself - SEE I knew she would make it here one day, cause your work is unique.
hmm I seem to be babbling...

Related Posts with Thumbnails